Sunday, September 18, 2011

Typical Sunday

First of all, I feel like my English is getting worse and worse here. Each time I sit down to write a new post for my blog, I notice that writing gets harder. Each time I have to think harder about how to say things right and how it is supposed to sound. So I am apologizing again for any grammatical errors you have seen or will see. Okay.

This morning Brooke and I woke up on time, and it wasn't raining outside! We took the metro to the main bus stop (last week we didn't realize you could use the same ticket for buses and the metro, so we ran to the bus in the rain). Even though it wasn't raining, it was very chilly. For all you people in Arizona, or people who have lived there, it felt like an Arizonan cold winter morning. The sun is coming up, but the air feels a little icy. In any case, to me, it felt like a winter morning, and it still summer... I know I say this all the time, but I am going to turn into an ice cube in the winter if I am freezing in the summer.

Just like last week, someone from the ward (this week it happened to be Bernadette, she has been a member in this ward for the longest). Once again, church was good. This week Brooke, Jennifer, and I went to class with one of the missionaries and a visitor. So I got to hear a lesson in English! But we went back to French for sacrament meeting. I might've fallen asleep a couple times...

The missionaries, Brooke and I took the bus and the metro together since we were all heading in the same direction. I wore my tallest heels to church (bad idea, I am already tall compared to most French people, so I was a giant, but I love my heels so I wore them anyway), but brought sandals to change into for the walk to and from church. There is no way that I could walk on cobblestone in five-inch spike heels.

When we got home, we planned to change, rest and then head out to see the parliament building because it was having a free tour. Unfortunately, I was tired and I am capable of sleeping for hours, so my nap that I intended to be 45 minutes turned into a few hours. I have given Brooke permission to wake me up from naps, especially if we are planning on going somewhere, but she is too nice. So we missed out on the parliament building. I felt really bad. A) Because I really wanted to go. B) Brooke really wanted to go! Darn my ability to sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment