Monday, September 5, 2011

Girls' First Day

Today was Sarah and Marion's first day of school. I woke them up this morning; opened the shutters and a window, turned on some music, and threw their clothes at them. After they got dressed and ready for school, we ate breakfast. France is going to turn me into a big breakfast person. Instead of needing a lot of preparation and cooking, breakfast here just requires bread, cereal, fruit, and jam. Only in France would there be a cereal that has chocolate in it. Why does America not have this cereal?! Nothing is better than starting the day with some delicious dark chocolate in my cereal.

When Bertrand or Karine are here, they will take the girls to school. This morning, I went with Karine to see where to pick them up and what route the bus will take before stopping. We also stopped by the music school for the girls. Sarah plays the piano, and Marion plays the trombone. Then Karine dropped me back off at home and went to work. I didn't know what to do all day. It was so quiet and I was alone. I took a nap, sat outside, worked on my blog to catch up, started some emails, and spent a lot of time on Stumbleupon. For those who don't know, Stumbleupon is a site where you can check your interests, and random things that apply will show up. Today I read a lot of psychology articles, craft ideas, saw some really cool pictures, and learned some random facts. For example, George Washington grew marijuana in his garden... Strange.

I was nervous for the bus. I wasn't positive about where the bus stop was or what time the bus came. To make matters worse, I have never used a public bus before. I was ten minutes early for the bus, but that gave me time to write down important times for that stop. When I was on the bus, I realized we weren't stopped at all the bus stops. I had no idea how to let the driver know which place I needed to stop at! I noticed a light would go on that said stop needed, but I didn't know how to make that light go on. Fortunately, the place that I needed to stop at had people that wanted to board. On the way back with the girls, they showed me the button I need to push when I want to stop. So from now on, I will be a pro at riding on the bus.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the posts. I love reading about your adventures. Glad you trip to Rennes went so well. You families are sure gracious to you and Brooke. When the girls are at school and after your nap, good time to rediscover the BofM. Sometimes we get the most out of it during quiet times. Give it a try. Love you and miss you, Dad

    ReplyDelete