Friday, September 16, 2011

Sea Breeze

I don't have a post for Thursday because it was pretty much the same story as Wednesday. It took a very long time to get the girls to do their homework. But eventually they did it. I was going to go to the beach, but I just sat outside instead.

Friday after breakfast, I went back to sleep for a while because my class was starting at 14h (2:00) instead of 11h (11:00). We use military time here, I'm still trying to get used to it. Around 10h, I got up, got ready, and headed for the train station. Instead of just buying a one-way ticket like I have the past two times, I got a round trip. That way I didn't have to remember about my ticket on Saturday, and have to run to the SNCF store at the last minute.

I took the bus to my class because if I went home first, I would be late. When I got off the bus at the Châteaubriand stop, I could smell the salty ocean in the breeze. So instead of sitting outside of my class for 45 minutes, I sat by the sea. It is amazing how nature can boost your mood. The way the waves sound, the salty smelling breeze, even the seagulls squawking. Nevertheless, the ocean did something to lift my spirit. Plus, I finished my homework that was due on Monday.




Later Friday night, Brooke and I went to our JA activity. Remember JA = YA (young adult). We took the metro to the bus station, and then we took the bus as close to the church as we could, and had to walk the last distance for about 10 minutes. It was dark, and we kept talking about scary things... We just about peed our pants in fright when a house close to the sidewalk started to close its shutters. I really wish we could see a playback of these moments. I'm sure it would be hilarious to see me jump and cling onto Brooke.

Anyway, we made it to our activity late. They were playing pictionary. They had to pick something out of a hat to draw on a chalkboard, and the drawer was also given a rule they had to do while drawing. Some people had to run around the chalkboard, jump, or balance pool balls on a tray while drawing. Then the drawer's team had to guess what was being draw. I lucked out on not going, but Brooke didn't. Brooke had to run around the chalkboard while drawing. She seriously only drew a guy stick figure. It was supposed to be Leonardo DiCaprio. I'm not sure how we were supposed to guess that...

3 comments:

  1. Annie I'm obsessed with all of your posts! It sounds AMAZING there. And I totally agree, after chilling by the ocean, I'm a new person. We really need to get one of those for az.. But I'm so happy for you! Stalk your blog errr day just so you know:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. brooke could have drawn the titanic with an iceberg and the stick figure on the bow. Just a thought. Glad the ocean helped your spirits. We love reading your posts and we love you. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree, we all need a good dose of nature. =)

    ReplyDelete