Saturday, September 17, 2011

Back To The 60's

Saturday I slept in. Brooke stumbled upon a tutoring job teaching English to some French kids. Lucky girl. I know I could sure use some extra cash money... Anyway, so I slept in for a while and eventually got ready for the day. Brooke came back by the time I was finished, so we ate some lunch (cereal) and ventured out in the city of Rennes.

First we went to this ginormous flea market. There was so much junk. People sold old dish ware, clothes, shoes, movies, books, and the list goes on. I swear some people went to a junk yard and tried to sell rusty old school bikes and TVs. People even tried to sell creepy old dolls that had no hair, or the eyes were gone. I don't know who in their right mind would buy that junk. Out of all the stands, Brooke and I only bought some nail polish. I forgot to bring mine from Arizona, and my nail polish was about gone. Besides, each nail polish was one euro.

Today, we also played with the kids. I was so happy that Marie-Faustine was playing with me! She joined Aymeric and Guillaume and they all started jumping, tackling, trying to tickle me. I still hate being tickled. Marie-Faustine doesn't know English and she is 3 years old. She is adorable. Every time we say something to her in English, she will laugh because she doesn't understand. After the jump-on-Annie session, Brooke, Maelle-Marie, Aymeric, Guillaume, and I went to play Don't Eat Pete. I haven't played that game since preschool!

After that, we planned to go to the museum. Unfortunately, Brooke and I left were the museum was, to a place where we thought the museum was located. We ended up between the library and the movie theater. Brooke and I decided to see a movie instead. We intended to see La Guerre Des Boutons, which we did see, but it was different. I think the one we wanted to see was a part II. Anyway, the movie looked cute, but we were totally lost with what was going on. Later we were told that it was hard for people that were fluent in French to understand. Oh, well good thing we tried watching it! It's okay, I really love the theater chairs.

After the movie we went to a little restaurant called Back to the 60's. It is supposed to be like an American style diner in the 60's. Brooke and I really wanted a burger. Back to the 60's is more expensive than the other restaurants in the area, but they sold root beer and cheeseburgers so we needed no more persuasion. To be honest, we were both a little disappointed. The missionaries said it was delicious, so I was expecting a burger as good as my brother Robert can make. Our first mistake was ordering medium-well burgers. We forgot that here in France you really have to tell them to cook it or else it will come back cold. Anyone who is coming to France, remember that! So I'm sure the burgers would have been better with a warm burger, and if I got a special burger instead of just cheese and lettuce. I must say, it was very strange to eat a burger with a fork and knife. The whole time I was tempted to just pick it up with my hands. Same with the french fries (which were delicious by the way). Next time, I will be sure to ask for a well-done, almost black burger.

No comments:

Post a Comment