Sunday, August 21, 2011

Drawing, Sickness, Tickling, and Quizzes

Yesterday my shower was cut short because the basement was flooding. So I got to shave my knees and my right thigh, but that was as far as I got. They asked if I wanted to go to the beach with them, but since I didn't get to finish shaving, I decided it would be better if I finished packing instead. After they got back, Marion and I drew pictures together in her room. It took awhile to get her to understand what I was asking her, but when we finally got to drawing, it was fun! I drew Marion a dog. She loved it so much, she gave me a big hug! Then I drew Sarah a tiger which she liked too, but she was too busy with her Nintendo DS game to give me a hug, I guess. Dessert last night was by far my favorite yet! We had bowls filled with some type of apricot sauce/syrup and in the middle of the delicious liquid in my bowl was a big scoop of the creamiest, most divine vanilla ice cream I have ever tasted!Later that night Marion wanted me to say goodnight to her. I gave her a hug and kisses, but she wouldn't let go! I didn't know how to say get off so I just kept repeating, "Bonne nuit," over and over again. (P.S. bonne nuit = goodnight).


Okay, I am sorry, but I only have two pictures so far from Saint-Malo. But I have a legitimate reason! This morning, I woke up feeling TERRIBLE! I felt annoyed because I was going to wake up early to go on a walk with the girls, but instead I just wanted to throw up. I sat in my bed for about an hour, and big surprise, I threw up. Thinking about it later, I realized that I had a dream last night about running so much I got sick. Well, I found it weird... I felt so bad that I was sick! Everyone came over and explored St-Malo while I sat in my room by myself. Karine decided that it was probably from the stress of going through such a big change and told me that the au pair before got sick within the first few days too. Around 1:30 pm, I felt much better! I finally cleaned up and went downstairs to spend time with the family. I was very sad I was sick that day. Lunch looked so good! But Karine and I thought it best if I just take things slow and start with rice. Luckily, I was still feeling good so I got to eat dessert with everyone. Brooke's host family made apricot pie and it was absolutely mouthwatering!


After lunch, we went to the beach where the kids will take their sailing lessons. At the beach, I finally got to take pictures, but only two... This picture is when it was low tide. At the lessons, the water will come up all the way to where the sand gets dark. I wish I took more pictures on our walk back to the house. We saw a lot within that small time of 15 minutes! But Karine was walking fast, and I didn't want to slow her down... So we will save the pictures for tomorrow :)

For dinner, it was just Sarah, Marion, Maelle-Marie, Aymeric, Brooke, and I. The kids are definitely more loud when the parents aren't around... And they kept tickling me all day! I hate being tickled! But the thing is, when I tell them to stop, I am always laughing from being tickled. It's hard to take someone serious when they are laughing, and it's hard to look serious when you are laughing. It's frustrating. During dinner, the kids quizzed Brooke and I on our French. I won. But then the kids started saying things like touch the fork, cup, white shirt, basically things that we were already touching. The kids wanted their own au pair to win. We will see who crosses the fluency line first...

2 comments:

  1. I love it! It sounds like the girls are really fun. And I love that you got to hang out with Brooke. Is she liking it too? P.S. I wish I was there to tickle your back when you were sick. :) Love you sis!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is nice having Brooke here. Especially since the kids she is taking care of know French! They translate a lot for us, but try and teach us at the same time. Brooke loves it too. And she likes the weather better here in St-Malo rather than Rennes, where she lives. St-Malo is humid like Rennes, but has a constant breeze from the sea.
    And thank you Michelle :) I felt so bad about being sick! And it made me feel homesick. Ha I wanted soup and to sleep and watch movies. Everything I did at home when I was sick.

    ReplyDelete