Thursday, August 25, 2011

Hooray for Soleil!

First off I want to thank all of you who read my blog! I looked at my stats today and saw that I had 84 views yesterday! I don't know if that is above average or anything, but it made me feel special. It makes me feel good to know people are liking this thing. I hope I can keep all my fans happy!

Yay! Today was finally sunny! Which is where I got the inspiration for this post's title. Soleil is the French word for sun, and is pronounced so-lay. So hooray and soleil rhyme! Anyway, today was sunny so Brooke and I finally got to lay out. We always joke about how white we are compared to Saint-Malo's locals, and because of our whiteness, people can probably pick us out as tourists. We are determined to get tan! But the weather hasn't really been cooperating... For once in my life I put on sun screen, so I feel like I didn't get a lot of sun. However, Brooke did not put on sunscreen... Which is why she is so red in this picture.



We spent all day at the beach. It all started with a picnic, then the kids' sailing lessons, sand castles, laying out, etc. Which brings me to a horror story... I pulled out a towel from our little bag/cart thing and then I saw a massive, black spider crawling towards my hand! Brooke is really scared of spiders. I usually don't mind spiders unless their big, like the one today. We probably looked silly running around a towel screaming. I tried to flip it off, but it was like latched on the towel! I finally flicked it off with a shoe, but no one wanted to use that towel after the spider dilemma.





After coming home to have goûter (snack), we went to a beach close by to make sand castles and roads. Well the kids and Brooke made them, I wanted to get tan. We only stayed there about 40 minutes because we had to get back so the kids could shower before dinner, and so Brooke and I could make dinner. On the menu you tonight was spaghetti! I love making spaghetti. I love being able to flavor something by taste instead of a recipe. It makes me feel like I am a legit cook. I like to think my spaghetti is delicious. And what do you know, the family literally wiped the pan clean of the sauce. We only had noodles left over, and everyone laughed at me when I put them in a zip-loc baggy. Hey, it is normal for my family back in AZ...

Speaking of AZ, I miss it! Well, basically home in general (which includes Utah). I miss being able to take long showers. Here I have to use the water to get my hair wet, turn it off, rinse the shampoo, turn it off, rinse conditioner, turn it off, and so on. The water finally gets warm by the time I'm done. And the kids don't ever flush the toilets here. Ha so that is a little annoying.

I'm homesick. I miss my friends and family. I miss some modern conveniences USA style. And I miss talking to people I know! So feel free to email, FaceTime, or Skype me! My email and FaceTime is annalisekatherine@gmail.com and my Skype name is annalise.katherine.dyer I like talking so call away!

4 comments:

  1. It was fun talking yesterday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! It was good to see you! I love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so proud of you for wearing sunscreen! Love you lots!
    P.S. Ellie is watching some weird Romeo and Juliet seal movie on Netflix... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't guarantee that I will wear sunscreen all the time Michelle... And of course Ellie is watching some weird show from Netflix!

    ReplyDelete