Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Pirate Labyrinth

I think I'm allergic to a type of cheese here. This morning, I woke up sick again. I find it extremely strange that I have woken up two Sundays in a row, sick to my stomach, when I rarely get sick. It reminds me of when I was little and somehow got a sickness, that didn't come with a fever, every Sunday morning before church... Okay, but this time, it is for real. So from now on I get to test cheeses to figure out which one is making me sick. Lucky me.

Today, Karine, Aymeric, Brooke, and I went to a pirate themed corn maze. Bertrand and the girls went swimming at his mom's house, but because Brooke and Aymeric needed to take the train back to Rennes, they went somewhere closer to the station. The Labyrinth was fun! Aymeric ran ahead down different paths to see if they went through or were just a dead end. Within the maze, there were little riddles and illusions that we had to solve. Of course the riddles were completely obvious, but we still managed to get them wrong. The best one was... The father of Maryse had daughters named Chacha, Cheche, Chichi, and Chocho. What was the fifth daughter's name? I won't say the answer, but when we checked our answers, we all got a good laugh at how obvious the answer was. At the end of the maze, there were bounce houses and other blow up courses. On my favorite course, you were attached to elastic bands and had to run as far as you could before it launched you back to the beginning. On my first try, I ran until the velcro belt ripped off. It was hilarious! I think we got some pretty sweet action shots, and laughs, from this event.





My random piece of information on this post has to do with my name. I absolutely love how the French pronounce my name. It makes me believe I am actually a French mademoiselle. Instead of the normal pronunciation of Annalise (anna-lease) they pronounce my name like anna-leeze. Okay so I just said it out loud, and from the typed pronunciation, it sounds lame. So I am just going to tell you all to keep in mind that they have French accents. Maybe I'll record someone saying my name here and post it...

P.S. Once again, if you want to see more pictures, click on this link
---> Facebook and you will be lead to my A Year in France album.

P.P.S. I think I am going to start putting the Facebook link at the bottom of every post. So if you see it, click Facebook for more pictures.

6 comments:

  1. Chuchu?! :) And you are pretty much French royalty. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle... I thought the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That make three of us. The progression is (1+n) where n is the name number in the series (2,3,4) This tells how many letters to skip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dad.... you lost me. And that is what we thought! But it is really Maryse! Duh! The FATHER OF MARYSE! Ha tricky tricky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, you got me. Reminds me of the "where did they bury the survivors".

    ReplyDelete