Saturday, August 27, 2011

Rain, Rain Go Away

Bonjour! First off, I found out why there are shutters we close every night. It's to make the rooms dark! Because the sun stays up past 8, we shut the shutters in the kids' rooms so they can fall asleep easier! I guess you can use shutters to prevent Peeping Toms as well... And I have a few pictures of my room to show you all. There isn't much to see because it is so small. At least in the winter, when it is freezing, my room will be able to heat faster. If the heater is working... And yes, my computer screen is showing blogger in the first picture.




So today started out sunny and beautiful! We ate lunch outside in the sun, and Brooke and I wore our swimsuits the the sailing lesson. We laid out maybe 10 minutes and then the sun was blocked. Eventually I put my jacket and shorts back on because it was getting cold. So much for getting a tan today... People got up and left the beach when the thunder started, but Brooke and I just sat there. I mean, it was just thunder. Maybe three minuted later, it started to a sprinkle. And within a minute, the sprinkle turned into pouring rain! We threw everything back into our cart and started to run away, but we didn't know where to hide! Luckily, the shed where all the life jackets are stored was open. So, both of us hid there hoping the rain would stop soon. Then this big old lady ran into the shed huffing and puffing. I have no idea where she came from, but she was in a swimsuit that she eventually took the top off. She did have a towel to cover herself up, but it didn't do its job very well... I saw way too much and it was really hard not to giggle. Well it poured for about 10 minutes and all of a sudden it stopped. We were soaked, and all the kids came back from the sea (some of the boats even blew over!) and then the sun came out. It is really weird how fast the weather can change.



I have one more random thing to tell you about. I bought a small satchel to use in France. I wanted a smaller one because I feel like it would be much harder for people to pick-pocket out of a tiny bag that I always keep in front of me. Plus there are no outside pockets. Anyway, I am amazed at how many things I can pack into this tiny purse! I can fit... my phone, passport, a pack of gum, my camera, my iPod, my keys, my chapstick, money, and then I still have enough room to stuff in something small like a travel sized bottle of lotion. I call it my Hermione purse because it is seriously magical. I guess I could call it my Mary Poppins bag too...


And I was wondering if anyone knows how to change the main language on Google? My Google is in French and I can't figure out how to change it to English.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you have a magical bag...that will come in handy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie, its robert! I just read all your blog posts and it makes me soo jealous of your awesome adventure. I miss you so much already! I'm gonna make a skype account today, we need to coordinate a video session somehow! I'm kind of a skype noob though so it might take a bit to figure it out. And to go to the french google you need to go to the french web address, which is www.google.fr

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe if you go to www.google.com you will get the English google version. fr is giving you the french version. or there may be a setting in your computer for language which has been possibly set to french.

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way Dawn, Kyla and I went boating today in our boat on Canyon Lake. It is all fixed up (except for the pad that fell off of the trailer on the way home!) We had a great time. Lots of tube rides. We got up at 5:30, took care of things and were on the lake about 7:30. We finished at 11:20. Lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dad I'm so jealous of your boating trip! I love the lake! And I figured it out. Since my location is set to Rennes, the language went automatically to French but I changed it back to English :) and yes Bobby we need to Skype ASAP.

    ReplyDelete