Monday, August 29, 2011

Naptime

This week, the kids still have sailing lessons. But unlike last week, all the lessons are in the morning. This morning, the sea was the closest it has been. I had to pick a different spot to camp out on the beach. It was a beautiful day! Not too hot, not to cold, a nice breeze, and lots of sun. I was in the sun for the majority of the day, and it looks like I got some color! But then again, it could just be the lighting from this room... Since it was so nice out, I let the girls go for a swim after their lesson (today it was just the girls, Aymeric was having surgery in his mouth). On the way home, I bought some chocolate and caramel and shared some with the girls, after their lunch of course. For lunch, I had to cook meat similar to burgers. Sure I've cooked chicken and fish before, but I don't think I have ever cooked beef before, especially on the stove. I think it turned out alright. I just wish I didn't cook it as long.

Later today, there was an ambulance and police car outside the house. The girls were very excited about them, but no one knows what happened. My guess is that some elderly person fell and couldn't get back up. But I could be wrong. While the girls played with their toys in the backyard, I tried to take a nap. My first mistake was leaving my window open. The stupid cop cars outside kept opening and closing their doors, I kept hearing neighbors talk, and a dog started barking. After the dog, I got up to close my window. Then Aymeric came back with his mom from Rennes. I think I slept 5 minutes when I had originally scheduled out an hour. Oh well, c'est la vie.

Facebook

2 comments:

  1. Annie, you are sort of like a mom not being able to nap when you really want to! :) Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So how are the dinner going? What have you been cooking up?

    ReplyDelete