Thursday, August 25, 2011

Pastries

Today was a lazy day. I slept in and then just laid in bed for a while because I was so comfortable. I missed eating breakfast with everyone this morning... Oops. Somehow I didn't see anyone until the afternoon, even though we were in the same house. But eventually I saw them and we went to the beach for, you guessed it, the sailing lesson. It was a little more rainy today so Brooke and I decided to walk around town instead of sitting on the cold, wet beach under an umbrella.

We started off trying to get into the Chocolatier, but it was closed, so we went to the boulangerie instead. There were too many things to choose from so we each chose two things. I got an éclair du chocolate and a beignet filled with nutella. Oh man was I in heaven! I tried eating it slow so it would last longer, but it didn't last long enough! I'm definitely going back for another éclair soon...


While eating our decadent pastries, we decided to try and find a museum about Jacques Cartier, who had something to do with discovering Canada. The road to the museum had no sidewalk, we didn't even know if it would lead us to the museum, and every car driving past was going wayyy too fast. Oh and it was practically a one lane road. It was very sketchy, but we kept pushing our little yellow cart down the road. We stopped a few times to take some pictures. First for flowers of course. I couldn't say no to the sunflowers! And when we got closer, there were even more colors of flowers! Then we stopped at a cemetery. Creepy? Maybe. But I liked how all the tombs were above ground. Eventually we got to the end of the road and we saw a sign for visitors parking, meaning we found the museum! But we got nervous because there weren't a lot of people and it sounded like we missed the tour. So we turned around and walked back towards town.



Eventually we found ourselves sitting on wet rocks, waiting for the kids to come back from the sea. It was raining and I didn't know what to do, so I decided to take some pictures of the seashells I found on the beach there the other day. I love them because they actually have color unlike the shells I find on California beaches.


If you want some more pictures, go to my A Year in France album by clicking on this link here ---> Facebook.

4 comments:

  1. Your Mother loved sunflowers. We would have to stop if we found them growing in the wild while on our trips to the National Parks. Enjoy them. Thanks for keeping us posted. I tried some rosemary and basil on steamed carrots the other day. It was good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say the same thing about how Mom loved sunflowers. :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do enjoy sunflowers! They are one of my favorites! By the way, congratulations on successfully posting a comment Dad! I'm proud! You get more technologically savvy each day. And it makes me smile that you would try my experiment :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems like the only way to fill the need to "talk" with my wonderful Daughter Annie. We all do really enjoy your blog. We check it often to see if you have posted any more adventures and pictures. Show us a picture of your room. You say it is not quite the size of your old room. Let's see. Must be cozy though.

    ReplyDelete